DISCLAIMERS – PLEASE READ:
- PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION IN CHALLENGES AND DO SO ENTIRELY AT THEIR OWN RISK. BEFORE ENTERING A CHALLENGE, EACH PARTICIPANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THEIR HEALTH, FITNESS AND EXPERIENCE IS SUITABLY MATCHED TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE CHALLENGE. ALL PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO UNDERTAKE ANY MEDICAL CHECK OR TO SEEK ADVICE FROM APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS BEFORE UNDERTAKING ANY PHYSICAL CHALLENGE. PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE PREGNANT OR WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY INJURY, DISABILITY OR ARE MAY OTHERWISE SUFFER ANY HARM OR DAMAGE BY UNDERTAKING A CHALLENGE SHOULD NOT PARTICIPATE.
- ISOCHAL DOES NOT MONITOR EVERY CHALLENGE WHICH IS POSTED ON ITS PLATFORM. ALTHOUGH STRICTLY PROHIBITED BY OUR TERMS, DUE TO THE FACT THAT CHALLENGES POSTED ARE NOT ALL MONITORED, USERS MAY POST UP CHALLENGES WHICH ARE RISKY, DANGEROUS OR LIABLE TO CAUSE INJURY TO PARTICIPANTS. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN JUDGMENT BEFORE DECIDING TO ENTER INTO ANY CHALLENGE. IF YOU SEE ANY CHALLENGE ON ISOCHAL THAT YOU BELIEVE IS DANGEROUS OR AGAINST THE RULES OF ISOCHAL PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AT INFO@ISOCHAL.COM.
- PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO FOLLOW THE CHALLENGE RULES AND TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND HOLD HARMLESS ISOCHAL, AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AND AGENTS, TOGETHER WITH THE PRESENT AND FUTURE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM, FROM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY PROPERTY LOSS, DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH, IN CONNECTION WITH A CHALLENGE.
This User Guide and our Legal Terms
This User Guide explains how iSochal works. However, it is not a complete description. You must also read and accept our General User Terms and Conditions, Challenge Sponsor Terms and Conditions and our Basic User Terms and Conditions (the “Legal Terms”). If there is any conflict between this User Guide and the Legal Terms, the Legal Terms will take precedence.
A. Creating an Account
Creating an account on iSochal is just a matter of accepting our T&C and downloading the app. If you want to create or take part in a challenge, we will ask you to fill in some mandatory fields. At this point, you will be a Basic User. Making sure your info is up-to-date helps us contact you in case you have won a challenge.
Your Profile, found in the User Menu, is where you keep important information which allows us to contact you, or helps us know which challenges you are eligible for (eg. women-only challenges). It is also where you can add extra details which you may decide to share with the public through your Public Profile page.
ii) Privacy Settings
Your Privacy Settings, found in the User Menu, allow to you decide what information you would like to share with the public. They also allow you to decide whether or not you would like to receive weekly newsletters. We are not involved in direct marketing. Weekly newsletters give you a summary of interesting happenings on iSochal.
iii) Global Preferences
You can change your global preferences at any time. These help us show you the challenges you are most likely to be interested in.
iv) Challenge Preferences
You can change your challenge preferences at any time. These specifically influence what you see in For You and are a great way to help you find challenges in your favourite sports.
B. Find People
This is where you can showcase your own performances and challenges or where you can discover what other users are doing.
i) Public Profile
Your Public Profile is a great way of showing other users what you challenges you’ve taken part in or created. Go to Privacy Settings to limit what you want to be made public.
My Challenges – submitting attempts and editing scores
This is where we store all the challenges you have taken part in, as well as all the attempts you have made. After having recorded an attempt, you can view it from My Challenges and decide to submit it to the scoreboard. By swiping an attempt to the left, you can also edit the score at any time. By deleting an attempt in My Challenges, you are making sure that you will never submit it by mistake, nor can you view it again.
- This is where we store all the challenges you have created. Remember that you can edit or delete challenges up until the moment when the first participant takes part in the challenge. Editing and deleting are done by swiping the challenge to the left and selecting the appropriate button.
- You can add participants to a Reserved challenge at any time. This is also done using the swipe left function.
This is a list of teams you are part of. To create teams, manage existing teams or to check what challenges you have participated in with your teams, go to your User Menu.
Here you will find all the challenge submissions which have earned you votes from other users.
Here you will find a list of all the challenge submissions for which you have received disputes. This is a view only functionality. For any disputes received, we will also send you an email with all the details of the dispute, including how to respond to it.
ii) Solos and Teams
Have a good look around here. This is where users showcase which challenges they have taken part in and which challenges they have created. You can check out their votes, disputes, who’s following who and more.
C. Taking Part in a Challenge
i) Choose Challenge
- You can choose a challenge from Find a Challenge, Featured, Popular or For You.
- Challenges have an explanatory video to help you understand how to conduct the challenge.
- Challenges have two descriptive tabs: i) Summary, ii) Rules and Rewards. You must read both tabs carefully before participating. It is important you understand the rules, prerequisites and conditions. You must contact iSochal before participating, if anything is unclear to you.
- Challenges will either be visible to everyone or only to a reserved group of people. Participating in a visible challenge means that your video and results will be visible to both Users and Visitors.
- Challenges may be public or reserved. You are free to take part in public challenges, however you must receive an invitation to be able to participate in reserved challenges. This function is available so that you and your friends can make and take part in your own private fun.
Participate, select, submit – these are the three steps to follow to make sure you see your submission on the Scoreboard.
In order to participate, simply click on the Participate button at the bottom of the Challenge Summary or from the Challenge Scoreboard. If it is a paid challenge, you will be asked to pay a small participation fee. If it is free, you will be ushered through to the next step.
- For Standard challenges, you will be asked to choose one or two devices for recording. If you choose one smartphone, you will be directed straight to the recording. If you choose two phones, you will be asked to select whose other device will be used for the recording (“second phone”). Your friend will receive an invitation to sync their phone to yours (“admin phone”).
- For Advanced challenges, the User who pressed participate (Admin phone) will first be prompted to select the team and the participating team members. Next, s/he will select which team member’s device to sync to for the recording.
- There will be a preview, both for single device and multi-device recordings where you have the time to set up your phone or phones to take in all the recordable areas.
- Only the admin phone can start and stop the recording. This is the phone that will receive notifications and on which you will enter results.
Multi-device recording for running races
- For running races, two devices are required for recording in order to give our artificial intelligence system all the data necessary for automated results. Please position your phones in the following manner.
Position of Admin smartphone for two device recording
Position of Second smartphone for two device recording
- These two positions (on a diagonal compared to the runner and start/finish lines) will enable the system to automatically calculate your results.
Single and multi-device recording for all other challenges
- For all other challenges, you may use one or two phones (always check Challenge Rules first) in such a way as to record all passages of your performance clearly. No specific positions are required.
- Make sure your video is clear and covers all areas, as videos that are unclear may result in disqualification.
- The challenge sponsor will be asked to determine how s/he wishes the results to be calculated, either manually or automatically.
- If the challenge falls under one of the following categories, results may be calculated automatically: running races up to 100m, basketball challenges where shooting goals is involved, lacrosse challenges measuring the speed of the ball.
- If the challenge falls under any other category, you will be asked to take note of the results and to enter them manually, e.g. 3 goals, 10 baskets, 20 sec.
- Challenges may also won based on the total number of votes accrued. Please check the Challenge Summary to check the score criteria for the challenge you are interested in.
ii) Select attempt
- In some challenges, you will be allowed to take multiple attempts. In this case, the app will guide you through a set number of attempt recordings. You may select and submit your best performance at any time up to the end date of the challenge. All attempts are stored and are accessible from My Challenges in your Public Profile Menu. Click on them to see them at any time.
iii) Submitting your Performance
- You may choose which attempt to submit. This is done in My Challenges in your Public Profile. Select the attempt and press Submit. If you decide to change your mind after submitting, simply go back to My Challenges and submit another attempt. This will replace the one previously submitted to the Challenge Scoreboard. You can replace a previous attempt only once and may only submit challenges while the challenge is still open.
- You may delete attempts by swiping to the side and pressing Delete. This does not give you extra attempts. It simply means you will not be able to submit that attempt.
- If you have submitted an attempt and want to remove it from the Challenge Scoreboard, go to the submission on the Challenge Scoreboard, swipe to the left and delete.
D. Viewing Results
i) Challenge Scoreboard
- Results are instantly available and ranked on the Scoreboard, which may be accessed either through the landing page and Challenge Summary or through the All Rankings page.
- The results of individual participants will be available for each challenge for Users and Visitors to view.
- You may also delete attempts on the scoreboard by swiping them and selecting delete at any time.
- iSochal challenges are won either by Score or by Votes. Check the Challenge Summary page to see how your challenge is won
ii) Voting for a submission
- Users may vote for submissions from the Challenge Scoreboard using the emoticons.
- Users may only vote once per submission.
- You may check which users have voted for you on the Individual Scoreboard.
i) Making a dispute
- If you feel that there is something unfair, unclear, inaccurate about a submission or its score, you can make a dispute through the Individual Scoreboard.
ii) Receiving a dispute
- When a user disputes your submission, both iSochal and the user will receive an email. The email will detail how you can resubmit a more valid performance or edit a wrong score. If you feel that you have been unfairly disputed, you may email iSochal, who will look further into the dispute and be the final arbiter.
F. Getting Prizes
i) Winners of Challenges
- The criteria for winning will be stated in the Challenge Summary and rules, e.g. the highest scoring participant, the fastest hurdle runner, the user with most votes.
- The Challenge Rules and Rewards will specify who is eligible for prizes and what they will be, e.g. only first place wins a prize and this will be an iSochal T-shirt.
- Winners and rankings will be visible from the Challenge Scoreboard and are considered final once the challenge has ended and any possible disputes have been resolved.
ii) Winners of Artistic Prizes
- The criteria for winning Artistic Prizes will be stated in the challenge Rules and Rewards, e.g. performance made in most spectacular setting.
- Given the nature of the artistic award, the outcome is subjective. Users may be invited to vote, or the challenge sponsor or iSochal may subjectively decide the winner. If the latter is the case, it will be stated in the Rules and Rewards.
In the event of a tie for a prize-receiving place, a run-off will be organised for the contended position. Please see Basic User Terms and Conditions for more details.
iv) Micro Brand Ambassadors
- Winning a place in a skill-based challenge on iSochal is our way of selecting you to be a micro brand ambassador. It is your chance for a bit a stardom.
- You can become a micro brand ambassador if you win a prize-awarding challenge. Upon winning, you will be asked to record a short video (the details of which you will have already read in the Challenge Rules and Rewards). This video will be used either by iSochal or by the company proposing the challenge for their commercial use. In exchange for this video, they will deliver your prize to you.
v) Receiving Prizes
In all of the above cases, winners will be contacted by the challenge sponsor to arrange appropriate delivery of the prize.
G. Accruing Points
Every time you take part in a challenge by submitting your best attempt, you automatically receive 10 points for participation
Regardless of whether or not your challenge was eligible for a prize, winners will always receive points for the following places:
20 points for 4th place
30 points for 3rd place
40 points for 2nd place
50 points for 1st place
50 points for artistic performance
Artistic performance points are only allocated if the challenge sponsor has specified that there will be an artistic performance prize in the challenge rules and rewards.
We are getting ready for you to be able to exchange these points for prizes. Stayed tuned for more information on how you can redeem your points.
i) Team creation
- You can create a team in two ways. The first is through your User Menu in the Teams section and the second is after pressing Participate for an Advanced challenge. The categories are not exclusive, so don’t worry, if you choose “football”, your team can still participate in other challenges.
- You can be part of more than one team, but you cannot compete in the same challenge as part of different teams.
- You can remove a team member from a team you have created at any time, simply by swiping the team member and selecting delete.
- You can also delete a team you have created at any time, simply by swiping the team and selecting delete.
ii) Team Admin
- The Team Admin is the User who creates the team. Only the Team Admin may edit team members, edit or delete the team at any time through your User Menu (the user who created the team).
- Any communication we need to make to the team will be done through the Team Admin, eg. notification of a dispute, notification that the team has won a challenge
iii) Winning a Standard Team challenge
When participating in a Standard team challenge, there is no obligation to create a Team. However, if you have won a prize-awarding Standard team challenge, we will request that the Admin create a Team through the User Menu, so that we may contact all team members if necessary.
I. Creating a Challenge
i) Proposing a challenge
- All Challenges proposed must be of a legal nature and not promote or be likely to cause or result in any injury, damage or loss to any person.
- Any Basic User may propose a free challenge.
- Only Premium Users may propose a prize-based challenge.
- You will have a number of options available to you. We ask you to consider the following in particular:
- Reserved vs Public challenges: a reserved challenge is only open to a restricted group of Users, e.g. employees of a particular company, family members; whereas public challenges are open to anyone anywhere in the world.
- Visibility: this function allows you to choose who will be able to see the challenge: everyone or participants only.
- Start and End Dates take into consideration GMT as the valid time.
- Score Criteria: this function allows you to decide how the participants are ranked: by score or by votes.
- Rules and Rewards tabs: what you enter into these sections must not leave room for discussion. Be very clear about your specifications as you don’t want complaints when it comes to deciding winners.
ii) Proposing a prize-awarding challenge
- In order to propose a prize-awarding challenge, you must be a Premium User. Becoming a Premium User is free and can be done by requesting an upgrade through your User Profile.
- All prize-awarding challenges are subject to iSochal’s approval and entail a service fee. Please see the iSochal Fee Agreement for details.
- You can propose a prize-awarding challenge as part of your company’s marketing campaign.
- You can propose a prize-awarding challenge because you would like to earn a commission for the amount of Participants you manage to bring to iSochal.
- For details regarding proposing a prize-awarding challenge, please refer to our Challenge Sponsor Terms and Conditions.
- For further details regarding organising a prize-awarding challenge, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Downloading the iSochal app is completely free. If you only participate in free challenges, you will never pay us anything!
- If you participate in paid challenges, you will be required to pay a small participation fee. This will be clearly stated in the Challenge Summary. In this case you will be required to top up your Wallet in the Payments section of your User Menu. Upon pressing Participate, the participation fee will be deducted from your Wallet.
- If you create a prize-awarding challenge, you will be required to pay a service fee as outlined in the iSochal Fee Agreement.
We are here to help you have fun. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if there’s anything we can explain better.
Version 5, Last updated 6 August 2019